Friday, April 19, 2013

Austin & Diana's Wedding Video

I had the chance to attend my cousin's wedding back in February, and of course I brought my camera along! Here's the video I edited of their wedding:



I did a few things differently with this video. First, I filmed most of it at 29.97 frames per second, so that when I got to editing, I could slow it down 20% to 24 fps, thus creating a slightly slow-motion version of the clip. I think it worked well.

Another thing that I did differently was that this was the first time I used my steadicam for an event. I thought that it would get heavy or tiresome after a while, but it didn't. For the outdoor shots, I wanted to get as wide of an angle as I could, so I flew the Lumix 14-140mm @ 14mm. For the indoor stuff, I needed a fast lens, so I went with my 20mm f/1.7. I also left it wide open, which I was surprised to find out that it worked beautifully!

Gear used in this shoot: Lumix GH2, the Weildy HDV steadicam, Lumix 14-140mm lens, and the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens. Also used the Indie Slider Mini for the two slider shots. Edited in Sony Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment