Friday, August 3, 2012

Zucchini Cookies Video

The other day my wife acquired a rather large zucchini from my sister in-law. Well, it's been sitting on our counter for the better part of two weeks now. But the other day, Kristina found a recipe online for zucchini cookies. Sounds kinda weird, huh?? Well, I have been wanting to get back into the mode of making little videos for a while now, as life has been kind of crazy for the past few months. Well, my wife found this zucchini cookie recipe (which turned out to be pretty good!) and I decided to film her while she made it!

Zucchini Cookies from Bills Films on Vimeo.

Below is a screenshot of my Adobe Premiere timeline of the locked edit.

What it looks like while you're editing

So I wanted to shoot this in a way that minimized the human aspect but focused more on the process of the cookies being made. If that made any sense, then you win. Something. To do this, I used my wife's Canon 60D with the 50mm f1.8 lens to get a very shallow depth of field, to direct the viewer to what I wanted them to see. Most of this video was shot in the f/1.8-2.8 range, so as to keep the nice bokeh in the shot. Music is graciously provided by Chopin.

Also, there's one shot in this film that was not shot with the 60D, but with my Panasonic GH2. If you can spot it, then you win something.


2 comments: